Elstree Business Centre
Tel: 0845 200 8536
Fax: 0845 200 8537
Appointed Person Course
This is one of our most popular First Aid courses and provides a good basic insight into First Aid procedures and skills. Innovative scenarios and practical exercises help delegates to learn basic life support skills and to improve their chances of coping in an emergency. The course content can be adapted to suit the needs of your organisation.
Who is it for?
If a First Aider is not legally required, an employer must still appoint a person to take charge of first aid provision, and this course provides that person with the necessary knowledge to do so. This course is also ideal for individuals, lone workers or employees of smaller low risk organisations. This course is often the minimum requirement for sports coaches, instructors and support workers.
- Casualty Assessment
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Maintaining first aid kits
- Client specific areas such as choking, epilepsy and diabetes can be included
By the end of the course the delegate will have covered how to:
- Give emergency First Aid to an injured person until medical assistance arrives
- Recognise and appropriately treat most emergency situations
- Carry out the duties of an Appointed Person as specified within the First Aid Regulations.
There is no formal assessment, as this is not required by the H.S.E, but each delegate will receive a certificate of attendance
4-6 hours (normally run over 1 day)
This course can be run in-house for up to 15 delegates or individuals can attend our open courses